Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Bible Study
Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:26 pm by Admin

» So far......
Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:58 pm by Admin

» DreamAbode partners Lagos state ministry of housing on ‘Rent to own” scheme in making more youths landlords
Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:08 am by Admin

» Photo of the week
Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:55 am by Admin

» Great movie soundtracks
Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:44 pm by Admin

» Cake designs
Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:44 pm by Admin

» youtube karaoke
Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:16 pm by Admin

» Oldies Oldies Oldies
Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:25 pm by Admin

» Christian music
Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:23 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 DiscussionForums
 FAQ

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Shopmotion

Transparent TVs and Bendable Phones: CES Rumor Roundup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Transparent TVs and Bendable Phones: CES Rumor Roundup

Post  Admin on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 am

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upgrade-your-life/transparent-tvs-bendable-phones-ces-rumor-roundup-050046775.html

The Consumer Electronics Show happens every January in Las Vegas: hundreds of thousands of people, acre upon acre of brand new gadgets, and the hopes of tech fans everywhere that something cool will be announced. So what do we expect – and what are some of the crazy rumors flying around?

Transparent TV

Samsung released a teaser video that didn’t really tell us anything but felt like the intro to Star Wars, it was so dramatic: “The World Awaits Something New. Get Ready.” And then they posted an image that implies a portrait, vertically-oriented TV. (Uh, why portrait? So I can watch the cell phone videos that I shot up and down?)

But more intriguing: the TV in the image is see-through. Samsung has shown off transparent OLED (organic light emitting diode) screens before. But if they make one into a big screen, I’ll be impressed. You mount a TV on your wall and when it’s off it just looks like a pane of glass. Okay, maybe it would have a frame and wires, and maybe it wouldn’t be so awesome in practice, but it would be innovative – and that’s what we hope from this show. Sadly, I am pessimistic that the transparent TV will debut, but I like the idea.

UHDTV – Ultra High Definition TV
The sure bet on TVs this year is Ultra High Definition TVs. These are flat-screens with 4X to 8X the resolution of our current HDTV sets. We saw many of these last year at CES, but this year the screens will be bigger (110-inch sets reportedly debuting), and we hope the price tags will be lower. Currently, these sets retail for upwards of $20,000, and there’s no real content available yet to watch on them. Some don’t think broadcast content will hit 4K or 8K resolution until 2016 at the earliest. But as with many technologies, the big players like Sony, LG, Panasonic, and Samsung will make the bets on the future; gradually standards emerge, content deals get made, prices come down, and we’ll have to decide in the coming years if we will upgrade.
OLED TV Organic Light Emitting Diode TV

These TVs are ultra thin and light like LEDs, and they also have high contrast ratio and deep blacks like plasma TVs. OLEDs don’t mandate higher resolution video, so they may have a faster path to our living rooms, and I wouldn’t doubt that we may see a combination of the form factors with an OLED 4K UHDTV, maybe at CES 2014.

The Remote Control Gets Some New Controls

We saw some TVs with gesture recognition last year at CES. For example, moving your hand up increased volume, side to side changed the channels. But this year we have indications that gesture will go more mainstream: facial recognition to automatically switch to a viewer’s favorite channels, preset volume preferences, or for smart TVs, their online user profiles for Facebook or Google.

Eye tracking has been hinted at from the 2nd tier TV manufacturer Haier; they want to show how you could use your eyes to change channels and lower the volume.

And we expect the wide-spread awareness of voice command programs like Siri to make it into TV controls. How it will distinguish between my voice and the voice of the characters on TV??? This is why we go to CES: we want to see to believe.

Hybrid Laptops with Creative Design

In the laptop department, I’m excited for hybrids. These are notebooks that fold, detach, or pivot to become touch screen tablets. The creativity here could be fun. The Lenovo Yoga last year set this wave in motion, and the touch capacities of Window 8 have allowed PC makers to really differentiate from the monolithic standard laptop form. I’ve seen press releases for 18-inch laptops that turn into presentation devices, table-screens that become desktops, and rip and flips that want to give you the best of both the Laptop and the standard tablet worlds.

Admin
Admin

http://lagosisland.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Transparent TVs and Bendable Phones: CES Rumor Roundup

Post  Admin on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:53 pm

transparent phone?

wow

Admin
Admin

http://lagosisland.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down